Friday, April 11, 2008

Shut up and listen!

Last night, I was playfully criticized for not blogging in a while. Therefore, I am blogging. However, last Sunday I rather strongly urged our church to "shut up and listen!", so I had been trying to practice what I preached. I had been rather quiet all week as I tried to hear God. He has been pursuing me about repentance, and a true heart, and being quiet. We are too noisy, so we cannot hear God. I am not sure that we really want to hear God. We know that he going to be demanding, and so we make a lot of noise hoping that He will go away.
It is time to stop being selfish and giving God our to-do list. It is time to start handing Him a blank piece of paper and saying, "Fill in what you want. I will do whatever you say because I love you." Then we have to dive into God's Word and be quiet so that he can send back the no-longer-blank piece of paper.

I will go anywhere, do anything, at any cost, for you, my King! Fee

0 comments: