Saturday, June 7, 2008

The Grays Do Dallas

God has pretty well taken away my desires for the luxuries of the world. I thought at one time that I deserved exquisite things because I worked hard. I know that God prospers me only to prosper the Kingdom, but once in a while it is nice to be spoiled a little. MAC has paid for my family to come to Dallas for the weekend and we are staying in an executive suite at the Anatole Hotel (where President Bush stays when he comes to town); we are here for the national athletic director's conference. I am currently enjoying a fantastic cup of coffee in the executive lounge on the 25th floor overlooking downtown Dallas. All of the food and drink in this lounge is comped and the view and amenities are unbelievable. I am looking at the Belmont Stakes on the biggest tv I have ever seen while sitting on a plush leather couch. I would never take money away from feeding the less fortunate or from our building fund to do this, but if you don't mind, I am going to enjoy the moment -- as a matter of fact I will God praise for it. In just a few minutes, we are headed to the 5:00 service at The Village (Matt Chandler's church and I am really excited -- this 33 year old is changing the world with his hard-nosed presentation of the Gospel) and then off for some authentic Mexican food. I hope the hotel comps Tums or Rolaids as well.

1 comments:

Kim said...

Great!!
I was hoping you had a little time to rest and enjoy yourself for a change.
Don't get too spoiled though. We don't want you to leave us and start going on the road staying in fancy hotels, eating great food and such.
All of us pitiful folks around hear need to keep hearing your straight forward words of God.
Love ya,
Kim