Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day Musings -- #2

Had a car in front of me driving through town that had a big sticker that covered the whole back window that stated, "I will only be judged by God!!" In a sense, this is accurate and I am glad. We really don't want anybody except the perfect God Jehovah deciding who gets into heaven and who doesn't.

BUT, that is not really what the statement was getting at. This person was declaring to the whole human race, "Leave me alone; I will do what I want to do when I want to do it." The only problem with that is that it is not Biblical Christianity. The Bible designs the church to lovingly keep each other in check, and we Americans don't like it because that requires judgment. This person needs to study 1 Corinthians, chapter 5, and quite honestly the whole New Testament. Our wicked hearts are prone to wander without loving Spirit-filled hearts to bring them back into line with some judgment.

0 comments: