Sunday, November 9, 2008

Sunday Nights Thoughts about IT

What am I thinking?
-- Building a building is tough. Some of our neighbors don't like us much. In a way, I don't blame them. They had a nature preserve with beautiful deer and wild turkey coming up and eating in their yards. I hope that they will have a realization that we are a positive factor for our community and for the Kingdom of God. We need to pray that God heals hearts there. We did not try to hurt these folks, but they are feeling that way right now. We need to keep reaching out to them. Keep loving them. Christ's love will prevail.
-- Two major stumbling blocks to completion. We must run 3-phase electricity to the facility. That is a difficult (possibly expensive) process. Please pray. Also, the heating and cooling has been a difficult matter. Looks like we are close to a solution there. Please pray.
-- Now on to stuff that matters. One reason that completion of the building is so crucial is that there must have been 100 children under 10 years old in the two services today. And they were VERY well behaved. I did not notice them at all as I preached. But it is time for them to have their own space so that they can develop their relationship with God.
-- More stuff that really matters. God has been unbelievably clear with His teachings through this study of Luke. He is teaching us the true Gospel -- the Gospel that takes our heart by storm. I hope that our people are really hopeful because that is what the tough teaching from Scripture really provides -- HOPE. I think that some of the sugar-coating that goes on out there provides some false hope. The Word is amazing because I am seeing people who look more like Jesus all the time. I can't wait to hear from Ben on Luke 15.
-- I had fun today. I feel comfortable that I am not a Pharisee. My heart cries out for all of the folks who are living some moralistic outer shell "Christian" experience, but it is just plain fun to watch God truly change hearts
-- I love Jesus. I love leading in His Kingdom. I want to follow Him.

1 comments:

Roger Durbin said...

Great job today Tim!
Roger