Friday, October 31, 2008

Making Christ-Centered Disciples

I asked my cell family last night what they thought as they heard the Ephesians 5 commands to husbands and wives. Here is the response from one of the members:
"Christ surely died for the church as I would for my wife. Sometimes it is a lot harder to live for my wife than to die for her. Christ did so much for us with his life as he did with his death. In my opinion.what he didnt do was lie, cheat, hide from or abuse the church. I haven't read a thing he did for himself. At age 12 he sought his father's will. Loving my wife as he did the church is a tall order. I can love her more than just dying for her; I will love her with my life and honor our God. I will try to love my wife as Christ loves the church."
I think they are getting it!

That is so honest to admit that sometimes it is easier to die for someone that to live for them. Interesting stuff!

0 comments: