Monday, January 17, 2011

Thought you might like to see the responses that I put together to the directives of Jesus about what this fruit of the Spirit that is presented in 1 Corinthians 13:4-7. These responses are just prayers to a Sovereign God for Him to bring us into line with his commands, so that we love instead of hammer as we use our spiritual gifts.

Love is patient. Response: Lord, make me patient with your gifts.
Love is kind. Response: Make me kind to difficult people.
Love does not envy. Response: Make me satisfied in YOU.
Love is not selfish. Response: Lord, make me a giver like YOU.
Love is not angry. Response: Keep me calm so that people will see YOU.
Love does not record wrongs. Response: Lord, help me to forgive like YOU forgave.
Love is not evil. Response: Protect me from the evil one.
Love rejoices with the truth. Response: Lord, fill me with YOUR truthful Spirit.
Love protects. Response: Help me use my gifts to protect, not destroy.
Love trusts. Response: Lord, help me to fight jealousy.
Love hopes. Response: When people see me, let them feel hope.
Love perseveres. Response: Lord, keep me at the table no matter what.

May the Lord Jesus Christ be glorified!

0 comments: