Friday, March 7, 2008

A Week with Me -- Part 2

Friday, March 7
This morning's reading was Matthew 3:1-10 where John the Baptist is preparing the way of the Lord calling for repentance and baptizing in the River Jordan. My focus verse for prayer was verse 2 where John declares, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is near." I began to pray that God reveal to me any areas of my life that I have not truly repented of. He is being very clear with me that being repentant does not just mean being sorry, but truly turning away from my sin and living a life worthy of the sacrifice that we are about to focus on with the upcoming Holy Week. I was told earlier this week that on occasion I have the personality of a Mack truck when delivering some truth about God. This morning I asked for forgiveness of my unloving nature and I asked God to empower me to truly turn away from a lack of grace. True repentance is the hardest thing out there. I have to allow Christ to completely reconstruct me -- to truly turn from my wicked ways.

Yesterday after finishing this blog, I walked outside and fell down on some black ice and really wrecked my left knee. Hopefully, Christ brought me to my knees in this session and I can stay upright today -- HA! See you tomorrow.

0 comments: