Thursday, March 6, 2008

A Week with Me

Andre Ong gave one of the best talks I have ever heard on prayer at Alpha last night. His focus was on the Glory of God. He stated that as we consider our prayer life, its primary focus should be what God wants and not what we want. Example: He was talking about the three answers to prayer, "Yes, no, and wait." He commented on the "no" anwser: "When God says no to us on a prayer request, it is that He is a whole smarter about what with give Him Glory than we are." I put it this way, "God's responses to us in prayer will always line up with His will and will always provide Him Glory. That is who God is."

Well, Andre motivated me, so I thought I would let you into my private world a little bit for a week or so. Everyday in my morning time, I pray through the scriptures and journal the prayer. For about a week or so, I will try and blog the journal for you.

Thursday, March 6
Today's scripture was Luke 15, and ordinarily my focal point is the line that the prodigal son while in the pigpen eating with swine said, "And he came to his senses," but today it was that his senses meant that he was so convicted by his sin and the love of his father, that he went home ready to give up his sonship and be a hired hand to make things right. My prayer was that I praised God for convicting me of the same thing. I thanked Him for His perfection and for accepting my sorry imperfections -- for giving me sonship even though I don't deserve it. I praise Him for calling me out of my destructive lifestyle over 10 years ago, but reminding me that I must confess the sin, the barriers, to our relationship daily. The reading thru the scripture today in a listening posture was like a scene from Star Wars as God said, "Tim, I am your Father." I ended the fifteen minute session as I always do, face on the floor -- acknowledging who He is and who I am in Him -- the King and the servant. Then I said these familiar words, "I'll go anywhere, do anything, at any cost for you, my King." See you tomorrow. I am sure that I will have sin to confess again and that breaks my heart. I look forward to a day when that will not happen any more.

0 comments: