Thursday, March 13, 2008

A Week with Me -- Part 7

It has been an honor to share my private world of thoughts and prayers with you this week. I believe that we need transparent leadership in the Body of Christ, so you have a standing invitation to my world of what I think about, what I struggle with, what God is teaching me. I know that this week I have not honored my wife as much as I should by caring about what she cares about. Guess I am just selfish like that. May God grant me the ability to do better. This is the last installment in a Week with Me.

Thursday, March 13
The passage today (the road on Buddy Owen's sunny Southern California drive) is Psalm 126. It is about the reaction of the people of God when they are restored. As I prayed my 'postcard home' to God, I confessed the sin of taking my restoration, my freedom from the bondages of sin and death, for granted. Part of our fruit of the Spirit is joy, and we sit around like someone stole our dog too much. We need to dance, and sing, and cry out our praises to God for the incredible gift that he has given us. I asked that God grant me the freedom to express my joy even when I don't feel like celebrating -- like today.

Great fun last night saying a few words to our fantastic Alpha course. I love it when people eat together (you should see the food since Cheryl has a kitchen), hear God's Word together, and then act on what they hear together. Now that makes my heart sing. I think that it does the same thing for God.

0 comments: