Saturday, May 10, 2008

Funeral Day

This weekend is all about glorifying Christ and honoring Dad. I have a feeling that today's presentation will do both. I miss that dude already and I know that I will cry some today (probably in the middle of my comments), but I am not overwhelmed with sadness. The Holy Spirit has taken up residence in the midst of all this. I bet 30 people out of the hundreds that came to love us last night commented about how they were uplifted by being there. That was the powerful presence of the Holy Spirit of the Living God!

I hope that people listen closely to what is said today. Our hope is built on nothing less that Jesus' blood and righteousness!!!!!!! I love all of you who have loved my mother really well. She is going to be a little lonely but will never be alone. OK, gotta go get a couple of classic cars ready to honor Lester. Let's worship.

1 comments:

Debby said...

Thank you, Tim, for sharing your tribute to your "Dads." We would have loved to have been at the celebration of your daddy's life. It's one of those "bittersweets," as we are sad to miss sharing this day with you and our Bridge family, but delighted to be spending time with our family members up here in Illinois. Give your mommy special Mother's Day hugs and kisses from us. Cry and laugh in remembrance of your daddy, as you choose joy in the midst of your sadness. Thank you and your mom for sharing your dad with us!
Love, Rob and Debby