Monday, May 26, 2008

Monday Mind Dump

1. I heard that some people got up and walked out of our Celebration yesterday while Betty's video played. I have many thoughts about that. Betty was rejected by the church while she was lost and a slave to her sin. It was truly due to God's miraculous grace that she found Him in the midst of church people (small 'c'). I thought about that a lot as I worshiped with the believers at the Bonne Terre prison a couple of weeks ago. I was in the midst of murderers (according to Jesus I am one because I have been angry with my brothers), sex offenders (once again I am one since I have lusted), and many other violent criminals, and I never saw anything except fellow children of God. It did not matter to Jesus what they had done when He came to save them, and so it cannot matter to me either. Amazingly, it did not.
Great job Ben & Betty! That is what the church needs -- real, transparent, authentic. KUDOS!!!!!!!!
2. It is Memorial Day and my father was a war hero. I miss him!
3. My mentor, Yon, turned 60 yesterday. That is unbelievable! He does not look any different than when I met him 25 years ago in Bonne Terre. That means he either looked really old then, or very young now. He does not read my blog, so I will leave it at that. The food was fantastic at the party; it was a little preview of the Banquet.

0 comments: