Sunday, May 18, 2008

The Rain is Here

In my sermon today, I talked about how the storms, the rains (tough times), come to the just and the unjust. Well, the Lord did not need to send confirmation so quickly. As we were celebrating the magnificence of hope in Jesus Christ, the second member of my cell family was going home to be with God and we did not even know it. Bill Sharp has made his move to heaven -- the rain is intense.

My most important role at The Bridge is the one as a cell leader. The beauty of this family is that we get close, really close. It has been an unbelievable honor and pleasure to watch Bill go under a complete spiritual overhaul in the last year. He loved God and he made himself an open book and teachable by Scripture. This had been just absolutely fantastic. But, I am frustrated, and this hurts. Two dear men, full of love and wisdom, gone in a week. This is a storm. But our house will stand because it is built on the rock.

2 comments:

Kim said...

I can't believe what has gone on in the last two weeks in our Cell family.
Bill was a wonderfull man and I will miss seing his smiling face and getting those strong hungs from him.
I wish I had hugged him even tighter last time I saw him.
We never know when it will be the last time we see someone we love and care about.
I admit I never used to love folks the way I do now.
I've lost people that I knew before and it didn't used to hurt that much.
In the last couple of years God has put an undescribable love in my heart for others.
I can hardly take the pain I feel knowing that Bill and Lester will not be at Church or Cell family anymore.
Tim says that it rains on all of us whether we are Christians or not.
Well I for one don't like rain and am ready for the rain to stop!!!!
Kim

Tim Gray said...

And we didn't even get to sing Bill into heaven. But maybe we can make up for it when we honor him later this week.